When ballistics tie a recent murder case of Rush's to a serial killer who was seemingly inactive for 27 years. A tough FBI agent and former Philadelphia Police Department officer who has ties to Stillman shows up to enlist the team's aid in finding the killer who has eluded her for 30 years.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Johnny Messner as Ryan Cavanaugh
- JB Blanc as Paul Shepard (2010)
- John Gries as Bill Shepard
- Donna Pescow as Nancy Kent (2010)
- William Russ as Tim Hudson (2010)
- Christopher Carrington as Calvin Walsh (1983)
- Charles Woods Gray as Calvin Walsh (2010)
- Ronald F. Hoiseck as Ned Cotner ("Ned Jenkins")
- Karen James as Nurse
- Karlton Johnson as Fred Norris
- Chuck Kelley as Walt Granville
- Anna Rose Moore as Felicity Andrews
- Michael Petrone as State Trooper
- Adam Powell as Tim Hudson (1978)
- Pamela Shaddock as Emergency Room Nurse
- Stefani Seifert as Nancy Kent (1978)
- Matt Sigloch as SWAT Member #1
- Todd Sandler as Mel Shaver (uncredited)
- Part 1 of a two-part episode.
- Thom Barry does not appear in this episode.
- The end of this episode does not have the trademark musical finale sequence, a first in the series.
- The ghosts of the victims do not appear to anyone. This has occurred twice previously (Baby Blues, The Long Blue Line).
- The title of this episode is a reference to the novel The Last Picture Show (1966); the film was released five years later. Both stories deal with characters falling on hard times.
- The Cars "Just What I Needed"
- Firefall "Strange Way"
- Tom Petty "Even the Losers"
- The Pretenders "Kid"
- Dan Auerbach "Going Home"