The team tries to determine if a homeless and severely delusional paranoid schizophrenic killed his former psychiatrist by arson in 2004 - before dropping out of college and fully losing his grip of reality.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Jacqueline Obradors as Dr. Julie Ramierez
- Billy Lush as Pete Scanell
- Richard Brake as Rich Kiesel
- Seth Isler as Ed Rosenthal
- Jonathan LaPaglia as ADA Curtis Bell
- Joseph Raymond Lucero as Juan Salazar
- Victoria Pratt as Rachel Liebowitz ("Vanessa Quarterman")
- Jeremy Glazer as Steve Wiegen
- Ben Hogestyn as Tom Exley
- Jason E. Kelley as Driver
- Mateo Arias as Gabriel Ariza (uncredited)
- Unknown actress as Geneva
- Unknown actor as Michael Scanell
- The title of this episode is the same title of one of the songs of John Lennon.
- This episode marks the first time we see the trial of a killer from a previous episode.
- Ed Rosenthal mentions the shooting of George Marks while Lilly is on the stand.
- Curt Fitzpatrick's and Linda Frandsen's case box can be seen when Scotty put's Julie's case box away.
- In this episode the songs are not from the time the crime was made. They were used because they are songs that the schizophrenic boy listens to calm himself down.
All the song is this episode are performed by John Lennon:
- Beautiful Boy (Darling)
- Mind Games
- Number(#) 9 Dream
- Instant Karma
- Watching the Wheels