When the body of a newly missing boy is found in a cargo container, the remains of three other victims who vanished from 1999 to 2003 are also found, making the team realize they're dealing with a serial killer.
The episode begins on August 20, 2007 with 12-year-old Shemar Reynolds talking to his grandmother, Edna Johnson about going to the music store to buy a new rap CD. She instead says he should stop listening to that type of music and go to the church youth center, and hang out there. But he goes back inside their home to help start supper time as he lives with her (he was abandoned by his parents, but his mother, Belinda, Edna’s daughter is mentioned more). But tragically, he is later kidnapped....three days later and murdered four days after that.
Three months later (November 11, 2007), Detective Lilly Rush and Lt. John Stillman respond to a crime scene. The body of a young boy, who is identified as Shemar Reynolds is found in a cooler in a self-storage unit. Lilly is disgusted how someone can kill a kid like that. Stillman tells her that the unit belongs to Theo Gamble and there were three more units under the name "Theo Gamble". We then see Nick Vera, Will Jeffries, Scotty Valens, and Kat Miller finding the rest of the bodies.
They all meet up with each other at the precinct. The victim's photos are shown on the board. The victims' next-of-kin or family members come over and they talk to them. They all say the Missing Persons Division did nothing and that the division even suggested that the boys; victims probably ran away or got high.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Ja'net DuBois as Edna Johnson
- Aisha Hinds as Lorraine Henderson
- Justin Martin as Shemar Reynolds
- Bob Morrisey as Dr. Ben Breslyn (2007)
- Kevin Ramsey as Wilford Grimes (2007)
- Montae Russell as Charles Hollister
- Jamil Walker as Malik (2007)
- Ryan O'Neil DeSouza as Wilford Grimes (1986)
- Terrence Hardy Jr. as Corey Middleton
- Chaz Monet as Kadija Hobbs
- Brian Silverman as Dr. Ben Breslyn (1986)
- Stevie Walsh Jr. as Malik (1986)
- Justin Mitchell as Tyrell Hobbs
- Unknown child actor as Damont Henderson
- Unknown child actor as Kendrick Malone
- Unknown child actor as Marcus Hollister
- In most episodes, the last flashback sequence shows how the murderer killed his victim/victims, but this episode shows how the murderer was tortured when he was a kid.
- Justin Martin, who played Shemar Reynolds, pled guilty to 2015 gun charges and was sentenced to 18 months in jail.
- Mat Kearney "Undeniable"
- Common "The People"
- Kanye West, Common & Talib Kweli "Get Em High"
- Corinne Bailey Rae "Put Your Records On"
- Closing Song: KJ-52 & Blanca Reyes "You're Gonna Make It"
|Season 5 Episodes|
|Thrill Kill | That Woman | Running Around | Devil Music | Thick as Thieves | Wunderkind | World's End | It Takes a Village | Boy Crazy | Justice | Family 8108 | Sabotage | Spiders | Andy in C Minor | The Road | Bad Reputation | Slipping | Ghost of My Child|