Realizing that the missing Vera has finally hit rock bottom, his worried team members hope that a new twist to a 2006 arson case, which he was secretly obsessing about in recent weeks, might supply leads to his whereabouts.
Vera speaks to Squirrel in prison. He finds out that Squirrel made up the testimony that put him in jail.
They find Nick standing in the rain, trying to figure out what to say.
Nick feels awful for not believing Joe Don Billingsley who claimed he was innocent in the arson deaths of his small children. Billingsley was killed in jail, where he was serving a life sentence for the crime. His brother, Travis, sought out Vera with new evidence.
Nick goes to the door of Joe's parents to let them know he plans to do everything he can to clear his name.
- Kathryn Morris as Lilly Rush
- Danny Pino as Scotty Valens
- John Finn as John Stillman
- Jeremy Ratchford as Nick Vera
- Thom Barry as Will Jeffries
- Tracie Thoms as Kat Miller
- Elya Baskin as Dr. Goran Petrovic
- Lauren Bowles as Jeanette Peterson
- Patrick Gallagher as Schmitty
- Treisa Gary as Uniform Cop #2
- Boris Krutonog as Bela Ionescu
- James Madio as Cody "Squirrel" Blanchard
- Chris Marrs as Travis Billingsley
- Glenn Morshower as Ray Crawford
- Nina Siemaszko as Julie Vera
- Keith Szarabajka as Deputy Commissioner Patrick Doherty
- Myk Watford as Joe Don Billingsley
- Debra Leigh as Mrs. Billingsley
- Mark Weiler as Uniform Cop #1
- Cletus Young as Mr. Billingsley
- Unknown child actor as Clint
- This episode was loosely based on the case of Cameron Todd Willingham.
All music featured in this episode is by Pink Floyd.
- Comfortably Numb
- Hey You
- The Thin Ice
- Wish You Were Here